ABOUT LEGAL ERA AWARDS 2020-21
Indian Legal Awards 2020-21: An Initiative by Legal Era - Legal Media Group
We all need to push ourselves, especially lawyers, considering how important legal expertise has become for business in general. At a time when blurring geopolitical boundaries, economic and technological advances are creating a host of challenges for the legal fraternity, cut-throat competition being the least of them, how does one choose the best legal counsel? Is there a yardstick to judge the best legal practitioner, legal team or law firm the industry has to offer?
Legal Era Magazine of the Legal Media Group was among the first to recognize this problem and offer a solution. Nine years ago, it instituted the Legal Era Awards aka Indian Legal Awards, to recognize legal finesse, innovation and accomplishments… You think these are tall claims? Then think again!
Ten years and nine editions later, we are proud to say that the Indian Legal Awards stand out in a crowded legal awards market, courtesy their credibility, impartiality, egalitarianism and international flavor. I say credibility, because they are not rigged in any way. Impartiality, because merit alone decides the winners, who are selected by an independent jury comprising the most distinguished names in business, based on submissions along with exhaustive research and industry reviews. Egalitarianism, because all achievers are equal in our eyes, be they well known or (relatively) unknown names. International flavor, because the Awards have transcended geographical borders. Notably, the Indian Legal Awards continue to be the most coveted certificate of competence in the Indian legal industry.
That said, we’re inviting submissions to the 10th Edition Indian Legal Awards 2020-21, to be held in Mumbai, India, on March 8, 2021. The last date for sending in your entries is December 10, 2020. The Awards are categorized as: Law Firms, In-House, Individual, International and Premier League, to reflect the painstaking work undertaken by law firms, legal teams and legal practitioners in India and abroad. The Awards span practice areas both old and new, such as banking, insurance, media and entertainment, pharmaceuticals, information technology, telecommunication and e-commerce. The selection criteria include service type and range, business type and operation, and individual/team expertise, among others. Some of our groundbreaking titles include: Lifetime Achievement, Legal Icon of the Year, Star General Counsel of the Year (Male and Female), and Star Young Achiever (Law Firm and In-House). Over the years, we’ve also done some tweaking like adding new categories to meet the changing needs of the legal-scape.
Coming back to the 10th Edition Indian Legal Awards 2020-21, they will provide unique networking and branding and sponsorship opportunities, including extensive coverage in pioneering publications like Legal Era Magazine. With the who’s who of business and law in attendance, not to mention discerning speakers and some popular entertainers, the Awards night will be a style statement you definitely don’t want to miss.
ABOUT LEGAL ERA - LEGAL MEDIA GROUP
Legal Era – Legal Media Group is India’s leading integrated media company founded by Ms. Aakriti Raizada. 2007 to date, we have evolved and diversified in ways more than one as we anticipated the needs of the legal community and empowered them with information and tools to succeed in rapidly-changing times. We are a proud 75,000 members that include lawyers, corporate counsels, general counsels (GCs), arbitrators, CXOs, CEOs, and other industry leaders.
Having worked with over 75,000 professionals, our vast array of thoughtful services and slick solutions makes us the only brand serving the legal community with a comprehensive suite of content offerings and services in all mediums. Our services range from crafting and presenting thought leadership publications such as Legal Era and IP Era, digital products, and bespoke information on the business, finance, intellectual property (IP), and investment fields, to creating meaningful opportunities via events and conferences, networks and academies, recruitment and consulting. As India's foremost Legal News Media Group, we provide a unique and dedicated channel through Legal Era Magazine (print publication) and www.legaleraonline.com (official website) amongst our suite of high-value products.
With an international presence in Singapore, South Africa, UAE, the UK, and the US, our objective is to serve as India’s most credible platform for the global legal community while being a strong go-to bridge between the government and the industry. We provide a dedicated platform to connect with policymakers, regulators, ministers, central and state government officials, and experts from varied fields. That way we engage, integrate, and make recommendations to the highest level of policymaking.
Legal Era regularly organizes national and international study tours, roundtable discussions, seminars, conferences, exhibitions, and workshops. Based on ensuing exchange of thoughts, we make submissions to government and international agencies in various industries. We hold dialogues on a range of legal fields thereby disseminating critical business intelligence to the rapidly growing corporate world. We also actively facilitate discussion on Public Policy and Advocacy issues.
From discussions to recommendations, government rules to directives, policy to implementation, and regulation to compliance, we ideate to integrate growth. And in the new normal, there couldn’t be a more opportune time than now to say - we are one voice, one community, one energy. Each one of us at Legal Era envisions being an integral part of this oneness, proliferating credible knowledge, and optimizing business opportunities for the legal community.
We constantly work towards making a difference.
Submissions Start: Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries Close: 22 Feb 2021 Please email to email@example.com & mark a copy to coordinator
Nominee List Release: 25th February 2021
Winners Declared On: In March 2021
• Copy the attached form on a company letter head and then answer all the questions in word format.
• Do not delete a question if it does not apply to you, just leave it.
• If something is confidential, mark it as such throughout
• Please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Your submission needs to highlight deals, cases, wins, and initiatives that best exemplify your performance; objective data and research that support your submission will be looked on favorably at various stages.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA & GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
a) Entries are invited from eminent Professionals, Legal Teams, and Law Firms globally for their impeccable contribution in 2020 under the listed categories.
b) All submissions should meet the criteria and guidelines mentioned herein.
c) A personal profile should be sent along with the entry, coupled with supporting documents which may include quotes, client testimonials, and other referrals.
d) All entries should be made in digital format via email substantiated with relevant proof and supporting documents.
e) A 1,000-word Statement of Purpose (SOP) should be submitted, which should give demonstrable reasons and examples of achievement. The SOP submitted should include answers to the list of questions mentioned in the form below.
f) Kindly note that submission forms with proper summary are encouraged as it helps in better evaluation and the jury makes note of the SOP.
g) This year, due to pandemic the work has been low, we shall consider all factors but we would like you to share full information on why you or your firm should win in that award category.
h) All information provided will be kept confidential.
i) Processing fee of Rs.59,000 (inclusive of GST) should be paid with the submission forms,
j) Submission forms will not be accepted without payment of processing fee
k) Legal Era Subscribers/Members are not required to pay submission fee
l) The award ceremony will be a ticketed event.
m) All winners will be announced not before the night of the Awards.
n) All submissions should be made before 15th February, 2021.
a) Legal Expertise and Innovation
b) Strategic Vision
c) Business Winning
e) Employee Development
f) Commitment to Diversity and Corporate Social Responsibility
g) Future-readiness/ Agility/ Resilience
h) Good governance/ ESG
LIST OF QUESTIONS THAT SHOULD BE COVERED IN THE STATEMENT OF PURPOSE/COVERING LETTER
1. NAME OF THE AWARD CATEGORY
2. NAME OF THE PERSON YOU REPORT TO
3. DESIGNATION OF THE PERSON YOU REPORT TO
4. STRENGTH OF THE TEAM/NO. OF MEMBERS IN YOUR TEAM
5. COMPLETE SUMMARY OF THE ROLE YOU PLAY & WHY YOU SHOULD WIN
6. SIGNIFICANT CASES / MILESTONES ACHIEVED IN THIS YEAR
7. LIST OF LAW FIRMS YOU CLOSLEY WORK (Name any 5)
8. PROVIDE RECOMMENDATION LETTER FROMS PEERS OR CLIENTS (MINIMUM 10)
9. Starting the announcement of national lockdown, over the year thereafter, what steps did you take to reduce stress levels? Did mental health figure in your growth agenda? If yes, how?
10. What initiatives have you taken to upskill your employees/retainers/teams given the need for technological preparedness?
11. What steps have you taken towards ESG Governance? Substantiate.
13. What steps have you taken or processes you followed as a Leader that bring out good governance practices?
14. Are there certain lessons that you have learnt via remote working? What are they, and have you integrated fresh steps to implement those lessons more formally in your plans for 2021?
15. Have you discovered, realized and acknowledged certain gaps that existed in the overall functioning and positioning of the firm/organization during the pandemic-ridden times? Have you thought of ways to plug gaps through give and take of knowledge, solutions, and methods?
16. What did you do for organization-wide employee engagement while they worked remotely? Did you take steps during the year for more frequent and even two-way feedback? Are you in sync with their expectations from the firm/organisation for their career growth in 2021?
17. Are you looking to craft work-from-home policies that position the law firm/organization as an agile organization? Have you thought of ways to position yourself before your employees and clients as an evolving dynamic agile organisation that responds to the need of time and puts in place structures and systems accordingly, and before external stakeholders?
18. Share incident(s) to demonstrate how the leadership of your organization/ firm set an example for everyone on what being a leader means in times as uncertain and unpredictable as these.
19. Because this year was not only about the profits part of the triple bottom line but the planet and people parts as much, are you looking to craft an alternative model around the triple bottom line?
20. Did you explore/ are you exploring new revenue streams given that the old models of business and the high demand that was conventionally enjoyed cannot be taken for granted anymore? If yes, share details.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION – 22nd February 2021
*Please note that only a single nomination is allowed per form
*Please fill the form in BLOCK Letters
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. How do I make a nomination?
2. Am I limited as to the number of nominations I can make or how many times I can nominate the same person/organization?
You can make a nomination in as few or as many Award categories as you wish. You may nominate the same person or organization for more than one award.
3. Can I self-nominate?
If you wish to be considered for an award yourself, you may submit a self-nomination.
4. Is there a word limit when making my nomination?
Some questions on the nomination page specify a word limit. We expect the Client Referral Letter to be of 1,000 words.
5. What are client referrals?
Client referrals are the lists of names with contact details of peers you work with or clients who recommend your work. The referral lists will allow us to take recommendations on your behalf and support your submissions.
6. Can we make submissions on a company letter?
Yes, you can make submissions on a company or firm letter head but follow the questions that are mentioned in the form and send us all before the deadline.
7. If we have doubts where should we call?
Dial us on +91-8879634922
8 When will I hear if I have been successful and made it to the shortlists?
Legal Era shall notify firms and individuals shortlisted for the categories in mid-December.
9. Can't find the information you were looking for?
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact on +91-8879634922