Technological innovations have created a demand for specialists’ aka Technology Lawyers.
We are seeing rapid digitization across industries. This means that existing lawyers are correct in thinking that understanding the legal ramifications of new technologies, the dynamic economy, changing contours of the legal industry, and work profiles is the need of the hour. More so, in the context of a pandemic world where every single enterprise, be it a young one or a behemoth, functioning even in the most traditional structures is having a practical experience with digital transformation.
There is so much to know and learn in this nebulous space of information, communications, technology, and the law.
That is where the Legal Era Technology Lawyers Association (LTLA) steps in. LTLA fills the need-gap for a Community that is has the best-in-class talent pool with cutting-edge knowledge and expertise in the area of technology law and practice, and enables connections with technology counsels to practice the law across time zones.
Be involved in the Law of Technology. Be the change.
As a practicing technology lawyer or in-house counsel, do you think about how you can redesign your individual and team’s workflow and processes? Do you think about the type of legal services you can offer? Do you think about safeguards such as ethics & governance?
As a technology counsel aspiring to be a policymaker, do you think beyond fixing pain points and inefficiencies? Are you redefining traditional paradigms? Are you imagining how regulations would have to be modified to cater to new developments? Do you think about how new technology could transform the legal industry and how policies could best support this transformation?
The answer lies in becoming an active part of LTLA.
What is the primary aim of this community?
• To bring together technology lawyers for meaningful interactions targeted towards professional growth, anytime, anywhere.
• To translate interactions into relevant opportunities for individual growth and consequent contribution to law, technology, economy, and society.
• To propel technology lawyers’ professional growth and help them become globally renowned experts
• To drive policy change for long term impact and contribution to the industry
Who can join this community?
• Technology lawyers
• The Members shall be from Asia Pacific Regions (this will cover all countries in the Asia Pacific), USA, UK & others
• LTLA India
• LTLA Asia Pacific
• LTLA UK
• LTLA USA
• LTLA Africa & Middle East
What will a technology lawyer gain by being a member of the GBLN?
• One-on-one contact with a repository of technology lawyers working in different capacities be it a practicing lawyer, in-house counsel, or policymaker
• Hands-on access to credible advice and sources of advice on technology matters, information and communications transactions, roles, and practices that are unique to different countries and often inter-meshed
• Attend and engage in tours, discussions, seminars, conferences, exhibitions, and workshops to stay up-to-date on technology law issues
• Develop an innovative and agile mindset as you look for a leadership role with cross-functional experience and decision making in sync with the practice of technology law being essentially cross-domain
• Explore the various roles, and the challenges, and opportunities faced by technology lawyers and the legal departments they lead, and the industry they represent as they adopt and assume diverse roles
• Access to a think tank of the best legal minds, offering a unique take on the intersection of law, technology, policy, and regulations worldwide
• Be conversant and have an informed bird’s eye view backed by the real experience of working in technology law across functions
• Opportunity to contribute to a talent pipeline that opens up doors within and outside the community thereby also upscaling the industry and the legal profession’s quality standards.
• As a young lawyer, meet leaders and peers and create connections to guide your career path with common interests and motivation.
• Enhance your legal acumen and practical knowledge by accessing a one-stop shop to a rich repository of legal, technology, and business cutting-edge analysis from the best-of-breed corporate counsels of the world.
• Reach out and find mentors who can help you achieve your goals
• Be a mentor to someone who may be facing challenges that you have faced and successfully overcome.
• Create more meaningful relationships and support systems that offer a strong foundation as you progress in your career.
• Be a part of a think tank that connects policymakers, legislators, experts, and professionals from all walks of life to initiate discussions, make recommendations to the highest policymaking levels, and innovate ways to serve society.
• Meet the who’s who decision-makers in the government and government bodies, regulatory institutions, and law drafters and make a case for challenges in technology and related laws before the right people in the most effective way.
What differentiates LTLA from any other group of technology lawyers?
• A remarkably quicker pace of growth and evolution as you get to contact the right person at the right time for advice and movement
• Access to the most competent technology law experts worldwide who understand the complexities of international transactions, global affairs, the interconnectedness of law and technology, and new-age practice areas.
• Skilled training to become experts in your area
• The opportunity to leverage a reliable safety net of credible information that members can fall back on that is even more critical in a practice area like technology law that is evolving at a breakneck pace
• A world of opportunities for collaboration, open discussions, and knowledge sharing especially when the reach is not limited to territorial boundaries or a legal system.
• Connect one-on-one with technology lawyers at renowned multinational and domestic companies and rising stars and founders of Legal Tech start-ups.
• For the younger counsels, this is a gold standard opportunity to explore and gain visibility
• Opportunities to get published and recognized in marquee compilations
What is the impact LTLA is creating for the legal industry and economy?
• Bringing together and amplifying the reach of global technology lawyers across industry, sectors, geographies, and practices.
• Improving the preparedness of the country’s legal systems for the fast-paced technological growth economic developments by ensuring that the most talented technology is available to advise on a variety of matters cross-jurisdictions.
• Redefining traditional paradigms and regulations to cater to new developments
• Becoming changemakers on how new technology could transform the legal industry and how policies could best support this transformation.
How to apply?
Sign up here and become an institution, a sentiment, and a voice empowering the technology lawyers community worldwide.