Deal Street

July 03, 2020

L&L acts for Carlyle in its approximately 25% investment in Airtel’s Nxtra Data Limited


[ by Legal Era News Network ]

Bharti-Airtel

Bharti Airtel Limited (“Airtel”) has in its communication to the stock exchange and the annexed press release, confirmed that Airtel and Comfort Investments II, an affiliated entity of CAP V Mauritius Limited, an investment fund managed and advised by affiliated entities of The Carlyle Group (together, “Carlyle”) has entered into an agreement under which Comfort Investments II shall invest approximately US$235 million (approximately Rs. 1,788 Crore)  in Nxtra Data Limited (“Nxtra”), currently a wholly owned subsidiary of Airtel.

Nxtra is engaged in the data centre business offering secure data centre services to leading Indian and global enterprises, hyperscalers, start-ups, SMEs and governments. Nxtra’s nation-wide portfolio of 10 large data centres and more than 120 edge data centres provides customers with co-location services, cloud infrastructure, managed hosting, data backup, disaster recovery, and remote infrastructure management.

Airtel has mentioned in the communication that the post-money enterprise valuation of Nxtra is approximately US$1.2 billion and Carlyle will hold a stake of approximately 25% in the business upon completion of the transaction, with Airtel continuing to hold the remaining 75% stake.

L&L Partners advised Carlyle on the transaction. The transaction team at L&L Partners consisted of Mohit Saraf (Senior Partner); Sundeep Dudeja, Vaibhav Kakkar and Samarth Gupta (Partners); Sahil Arora (Senior Associate); Debarpan Ghosh and Keshav Pareek (Associates). Carlyle was also advised on the transaction by a team from Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer led by Simon Weller (Partner).



Related Post

latest News

  • First scam-hit company of Nirav Modi ordered to be liquidated

    Virtually spelling doom for various Indian public sector banks, the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT), Mumbai has ordered the liquidation of abscon...

    Read More
  • If the law of a forum country is silent with regard to the limitation prescribed for execution of a foreign decree then the limitation of the cause country would apply: SC

    A Supreme Court Bench of Justices Deepak Gupta and Anirudha Bose held that under Section 44A of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 (CPC), a decree pass...

    Read More
  • PIL filed in Supreme Court seeking ban on use of Zoom app for privacy breach and security issues

    A plea has been moved in the Supreme Court seeking a ban on “Zoom”, a popular software application for video-telephony, until formulation of an ap...

    Read More