Accenture Presents 3rd Annual Women in Law Excellence Awards 2021
Is there a force more powerful than a woman determined to rise?
India Inc. is seeing some very noteworthy instances of women in leadership roles. Both locally and across the globe, there is a renewed vigour to create equal opportunities and increase gender diversity in the workforce.
However, when it comes to Law in India, there are a few numbers that tell a different story. As of 2018, not too long back:
Of the 397 Senior Advocates in the Supreme Court since 1962, only 5 were women.
Of the 1872 Advocates on record, only 239 are women.
Further more, women only make up 15% of the law firms’ senior lawyers.
These numbers are startling. And hence, the fact that women lawyers are battling biases, shattering stereotypes, and breaking the glass ceiling to achieve leadership positions, despite the odds being stacked against them, is truly commendable.
And that was why we at Legal Era-Legal Media Group initiated the Women In Law Excellence Awards.
- Awards that recognise women lawyers for their legal finesse and celebrate the achievements of the women in leadership roles in the legal fraternity.
- Awards that grant the much-needed recognition to women leaders who have made great strides in the legal universe – whether in shaping the law, achieving desired results for their clients, or by being an outstanding jurist.
- Awards that bring out powerful stories that serve as an inspiration to young associates and advocates to get on the stage and take the space that is truly theirs!
- Awards that celebrate the determined, hardworking women who have set themselves up as role models in the region’s legal fraternity.
- Awards that cast a spotlight on the extraordinary work of these women, and give them the encouragement and the accolades they rightly deserve – but do not always get.
With no other specific awards for women lawyers in India, Women in Law Excellence Awards is emboldening a generation of women lawyers, who can now enter the profession with the thrilling opportunity that they too have a global platform to be recognised before the who’s who of the legal and business world.
So, if you’re a woman lawyer and you have the self-confidence to believe, “Yes! I do have the legal finesse. I am doing some really good work. I am making a difference in my profession. I did navigate 2020 despite the intense personal and work life challenges posed by the pandemic,” please send in your nominations to Legal Era-Legal Media Group at firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember, self-nomination is a very empowering first step!
Everyone, join us in recognising these women for their endeavours, legal acumen, dedication, and leadership skills. Most importantly, be a cheerleader! After all, every winner has had their tough moments but they kept going. So, don’t miss this chance to show your support and applaud the outstanding achievements of our Women in Law!
Date: June 26th, 2021